[colug-432] CAD

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Jan 3 10:27:01 EST 2013

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Thomas Cranston wrote:

> I am again trying out Linux CAD programs. They are getting better, but not
> up to AutoCad version 12 level. Pretty close though. Presently trying out
> LibreCAD. Can't figure out how to change line width. No Manual for LibreCAD
> yet.
>
> Can anybody recommend a Linux compatible CAD program. Otherwise I will have
> to boot up my old Winders 98 SE box to run AutoCad.

Blender ? (3d)
Inkspace ? (2d)
kicad ? (electronics schematics)

Chasing feature for feature compatability to a given
commercial product sometimes means copying a sub-optimal
design that has become a functional interface 'standard'
because of a need to accomodate users that do not want to lose
embedded 'muscle memory' ...

-- Russ herrold