[colug-432] DD-WRT

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 20:11:00 EST 2013

Can you describe what happens when it goes up and down?  I.E., is there an
actual carrier disconnect (for instance, if it's DSL, does the DSL
disconnect), or does it stop routing?

For a long time, I puttered around via my 3mbit DSL line.  Then, I decided
it would be worth it to upgrade the service to 10mbit.  The 3mbit line was
rock-solid, without any outage, ever.  They had to move me to a different
DSLAM for the 10mbit card.  At first they plugged me into a card that was
dead, so they had to move me to a new card.  Now, it seems as if every 4th
or 5th connection attempt, the connection fails.  For example, on Facebook
refreshes, half the photos don't show up on my wall, and websites often
time out.  At some point I'm going to start up a bunch of traceroutes in
parallel to see how many of them fail.