[colug-432] Insight down load speed.

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Mar 21 15:57:57 EDT 2013

Someone suggested in another forum that the older cable modems (Circa
Sb4000 series) don't know how to interpret the config file properly, and
you basically get all they can send. While the newer stuff does read the
config files properly and duly cap you at the provisioned speed.

Me: on Sb4xxx awhile back:  25mbps down and 768k up. Provisioned at 10mbps.

Upgraded to their phone service - and now on an Arris modem: 14mbps down
and 1mbps up. Provisioned at 15mbps.

Go figure.

On Mar 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Vince Herried <Vince at planetvince.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Stephen Potter <spp at unixsa.net> wrote:

> On 3/21/2013 3:20 PM, Vince Herried wrote:
> > Recently Insight was bought by Time Warner.  Earlier in the week I
> > noticed that
> > my down load speed is now above 20 Mb/s.  Nearly 30 on occasion.
> > They opened the gates. Happy I am.
>
> Are you only paying for the 10Mb, but getting 20+?  I pay for the 15Mb
> (Turbo) and consistently see 25Mb.  However, Insight in other markets
> has a 50Mb service which we can't get in Central Ohio.

Yep.

Hum seems kind of unfair for you eh.
No idea how long it will last.