[colug-432] Insight down load speed.

Stephen Potter spp at unixsa.net
Thu Mar 21 16:07:33 EDT 2013

On 3/21/2013 3:57 PM, Angelo McComis wrote:
> Someone suggested in another forum that the older cable modems (Circa
> Sb4000 series) don't know how to interpret the config file properly,
> and you basically get all they can send. While the newer stuff does
> read the config files properly and duly cap you at the provisioned speed.
>
> Me: on Sb4xxx awhile back:  25mbps down and 768k up. Provisioned at
> 10mbps.
>
> Upgraded to their phone service - and now on an Arris modem: 14mbps
> down and 1mbps up. Provisioned at 15mbps.

I had some problems with my service awhile back, and they've had to
upgrade everything I have.  I have the SB5101.  As I mentioned, I have
Turbo (15/1) and get 24+/1 regularly.  I wish they'd increase the upload
rate a little.  I transfer files back and forth for work and I get them
really fast, but then have to wait on them to upload.

-spp