[colug-432] Fwd: Re: Debian on Pi

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon May 6 00:15:32 EDT 2013

I'd like to hear more about this.

Sounds like supporting "hard float" was/is way more complicated with ARM
than the hard/soft float support back in the pre-Pentium days.  I still
have a 486 "SX" which requires math emulation.  But on INTeL x86 series HW,
that's a boolean flag when building the kernel.  No need to re-compile the
apps.  (Unless I have missed something profound.)

-- R; <><