[colug-432] processors and cores and GHz

FiL Farris philipfarris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:15:32 EDT 2013

If you take the Mac part out of the equation there is lots of information
out there on the individual Intel CPU's & their performance.  Bill S.
summed it up well above with it depending on what multi-threading software
you may run but with individual core OC'ing (I hate saying Turbo as there
is no button on the case for it :) the single core performance hit is not
that bad.  As for disks I don't think you can put a single 3.5 drive it.  I
know that the base comes with a SSD and a even speedier 256GB PCIe flash
option is available.  All other storage is external.

Im not a Apple person at all but I have been following the story of the new
Mac Pro.  If you haven't seen it you should take a look on their site as
its kinda neat.  It not for me (cost vs performance & upgrade path) but I
love to see new hardware especially something different then the same old
box.

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.