[colug-432] December COLUG Meeting

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Nov 19 13:17:17 EST 2013

MEETING NOTICE
==============
Central Ohio Linux Users Group
Date: Wednesday, December 4 2013, 7 - 9 PM local

Meeting Presentation
==============
Our own Ethan Dicks will introduce us to Tourbot: Telepresence with Open Source.

Based on RUDEBOT, a Canadian conference-room robot project, Tourbot combines
Python, pygame, Arduino, and Linux into a mobile telepresence platform.  Tourbot
has already been driven from Chicago and Miami, with several more trips planned
this year.

As always, feel free to bring with you any ailing or problematic
systems for expert diagnosis (or destruction).

The upcoming meeting is open to the general public, and all with an
interest in Free Software, Open Source Software, Linux, arduino,
robotics, telephony, Windows, BSD, Unix, Windows, are invited.

There are no dues or fees.

MEETING SITE:
The December 2013 meeting will be held at:

   Otani Sushi and Karaoke
   5900 Roche Dr.
   Columbus, OH 43229
   http://otanisushi.com‎

Note: we'll be in the party room. There will be karaoke going on in
the main restraurant, but it ought not be a distraction for us. If
Ethan's presentation proves boring, we can all go sing instead. ;)