[colug-432] 2013-10-30 會議 Scribbles 落書/惡文?

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Oct 31 15:19:24 EDT 2013

Thanks to our host Cover My Meds and Warner Moore for their hospitality.
There was more free pizza and beverages than we could eat.

The projector was a Dell M410HD.
It announced itself in my menu as 'Dell 32"'.
Its native resolution is 1280x800.
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_projector/dell-m410hd_User's Guide_en-us.pdf

It had Moiré patterns due to digital keystone correction,
so automatic digital keystone correction was disabled,
then digital keystone correction was manually adjusted from 3 to 0.

Skinny dark text on white background washed out (became all white),
so contrast and brightness were adjusted to defaults of 50 and 50 respectively
from 100 and 44? respectively, then skinny dark text looked OK.

Maybe Otani for next meeting.

cover my meds: growing like crazy, based on much open source software
    hiring developers
    test engineers
    linux engineers

    ruby python php
    going to ruby
    some python php

travis sidelinger
CMDB: configuration management database
require team buy-in!!!

start small
add one thing at a time
have simple deliverables

build v buy
there are _some_ open source projects

wp:ITIL
wp:Information_Technology_Infrastructure_Library
http://columbussteamrite.com/

http://colug.net/ was been updated.

:x to save and exit from vim

http://ilive4code.net/
http://itdb-devl.ilive4code.net/
http://ilive4unix.net/

used drupal for cmdb
interesting how it could be used for simple CMDB

download drupal modules, extract from tarball,
added date field, note reference
no editing of source code

very very handy stuff
    contacts
    phone number
    status URLs
    admin URLs
    contract numbers

wp:Lotus_Notes

www.jboss.org/drools/
    RH skunkworks
jboss.org is "community" side

BMC is a vendor of CMDB

As has been said many times before, DNS can cause no end of grief,
and it did for Travis.
Russ worked around it by using 8.8.8.8 (from Google) for nameserver.

Russ of pmman gave a tour of same
wp:Gravatar
question mark icon
polyglot
use the right tool
http://www.owlriver.com/aphorisms/?
"Je parle espagnol a Dieu, italien aux femmes, francais aux hommes et
        allemand a mon cheval." -- "I speak Spanish to God, Italian to
        women, French to men, and German to my horse."
   - Charles V
language decides how one thinks

http://pmman.com/news/