[colug-432] Comcast and connectivity alternatives

FiL Farris philipfarris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:53:55 EST 2014

> Michael,

If  you still are paying "modem rental fee's" I would check out getting
your own hardware.  I haven't checked lately but in the past I have
purchased my own "modems" from Micro Center for about $20.00.  I have
always picked up the factory refurbs (plain brown box with sticker) they
always have.  The most recent was a D-Link DSL modem for 15.00.  After 3 or
4  months it was paid for, not to mention performance was better then the
ancient hardware Century Link was charging me for.