[colug-432] buying a registered domain

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sat Feb 15 11:11:44 EST 2014

... And I have to add one more comment, again based on my 'sperience.

Never do a domain search unless you are ready to buy immediately. By
"immediately" I mean IMMEDIATELY.

I've found, for example, that searching for "surname.com" and not buying
it immediately will result in someone ELSE buying the domain and
stockpiling it.

Thus isntead of paying $10 or $20 or $50, the domain is held hostage for
$500.

Just my $.02. YMMV... but don't bank on it.