[colug-432] Android and IMAP weirdness

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Mon Feb 24 07:47:08 EST 2014

Steve - how many messages are in your inbox?

Thinking maybe your phone is opening the connection through the router
but not waiting long enough for the reply (because it's a lengthy
server side operation) before either the router stops the connection
or the client gives up/times out.

Things I might look for:  timeout settings for android's IMAP
client... Archive off some messages out of your inbox... Check your
router port forwarding setup: is it a port trigger or port forward?
Any possible config that would cause it to timeout there?