[colug-432] Android and IMAP weirdness

Stephen Potter spp at unixsa.net
Sun Feb 23 17:03:51 EST 2014

On 2/23/2014 3:56 PM, Rick Hornsby wrote:
> Is your phone the only client with an issue?  It seems odd that everything except your inbox works - since that is layer 7, which your router should simply pass through.

My phone is the only client that has an issue, as far as I can tell.  My
wife's phone works fine, and I just checked that other folders work.

> Does your phone's IMAP client behave properly on your LAN?

Ah, so maybe the router isn't the issue...  I just set up the client to
attach to the internal IP address, and it does the same thing.

> On a related note, I definitely concur with the other suggestion to switch to imaps for security reasons.

I always try for the simplest solutions that work for me.  So far, I
haven't had any issues with using straight IMAP and haven't thought to
use IMAPS.