[colug-432] Greetings

Don donohio53 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 16:19:28 EST 2014

Name is Don.  Joined the COLUG mailing list in December.  Have been reading
the mailings and clearly it feels like the conversation is over my head
since I am just a Linux user, but dumped Windows years ago and just have
enjoyed disto-hopping and learning what I can.  This list feels composed of
IT professionals and Sys Admin types, so hope I am not out of place.

My current setup is Manjaro Linux with the XFCE environment.  I added Gnome
Shell on top of that using command line, and it seems to be working just
fine.  I had some issues getting rid of the MDM that came with the system
when I tried to add Gnome's Display Manager, but deleted it and added the
Gnome system and was faced with a command prompt instead of the GUI.  The
Majaro WIKI helped me find the command to activate the Gnome GUI
environment.

Am retired and just enjoying what I can learn.  Hope I have entered this
list correctly.  Would like to attend the Linux convention this year for
the first time.

Best Wishes to all.

Don Baun