[colug-432] Determine Resource Usage

Don donohio53 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:56:50 EST 2014

Great point Eric.  Lots of people out there don't want to deal with the 6
months upgrade cycle and so a long term support edition might work better
for them.  In terms of resources, I thought each web site gave an
indication of what resources would be needed for each distro.  Imagine a
Google search would offer some suggestions too.

I am trying to not be on the 6 months cycle by trying out Manjaro Linux.
 Pretty user friendly and they are a rolling release and my two upgrades so
far have been successful with no glitches.

I also like that in my Gnome 3.10 I found under the Gnome Tweaks setting a
way to add a weather indicator to my panel and linked it to the Bolton
Field weather station.  Working fine.   Since I can't thank Gnome directly,
or could not find a way, thanks to the minds that created that tweak
feature to make improvements and they grow into their Gnome 3 vision.

Don Baun