[colug-432] Connect what now?

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sun Jan 26 14:05:30 EST 2014

The instructions in my Gigabit motherboard manual say,

ATX_12v_2X4/ATX (2X4 12V Power Connector and 2x12 Main Power Connector

"With the use of the power connector, the power supply can supply
enough stable power to all components of the motherboard. Before
connecting the power connector, first make sure the power supply is
turned on and all devices are properly installed. The power connector
possesses a foolproof design [obviously they didn't design it for
me!]. Connect the power supply cable to the power connector in the
correct orientation.

"The 12V power connector mainly supplies power to the CPU. If the a
12V power connector is not connected, the computer will not start."

WTF does THAT mean? Am I supposed to connect both the 2x4 and the 2x12
power connectors or not? And if not, then which one?