[colug-432] Computer Programmer Productivity Ratio

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Mon Jul 21 17:17:40 EDT 2014

I'm not trying to be snobbish or anything other than observant.  I
routinely have to sit beside admins who up-up-up-back-back-back-(20x),
then delete what they just backed over, then retype it (often still
wrong) cause they don't know about tab completion, etc.

I have the problem of knowing too many ways to do some things and not
enough ways to do others.  And I also routinely see things that I don't
know.  But some companies I'm at have obviously boiled off the cream and
are left with the dregs who have not learned to do things
efficiently...and then complain about having too much to do.

(haphazardly mixing metaphors with abandon).