[colug-432] Install new version at / ?

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Wed Jun 11 17:41:07 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 04:35:32PM -0500, Rick Hornsby wrote:

>    I think you have a point, but I wonder if the key to your question is
>    here:
>    > This way of upgrading Linux Mint should only be recommended to  advanced
>    users.
>    From reading that page, it feels like the warning and suggestion to not
>    try to upgrade (rather, reinstall) is really targeted at non-advanced
>    users.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and so I had the same
thought initially.  However, the characterization of "slow, unreliable,
risky, complicated" sounds very FUD-like.  Calling it complex and
leaving it at that would have been adequate.  Piling on in the fashion
presented in that document makes it seem like the author has an axe to
grind or something.

Regards,

-Roberto

--