[colug-432] CMH TW providing residential ipv6

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Tue Jun 24 15:27:05 EDT 2014

R P Herrold wrote:
> when one switches to a third party (Motorola 6121) cable modem
> [1].  I bought mine through NewEgg, moved the coax cable to
> the new unit, called TW TS and gave them the new MAC address,
> rebooted, and that's about it
>
> in this block:
> 	2605:a000:110f:807e:xxxx:xxx:xxxx:xxxx

For those of us without much ipv6 experience, how could you tell that
TWC was giving you ipv6 address space? Did you have to set up anything
ipv6-specific first?

I have my own Zoom cable modem on TWC, in bridge mode connected to an
OpenWRT 12.09 router. So far the only ipv6 addresses I see in ifconfig
on OpenWRT are marked Scope:Link.