[colug-432] Comcast and connectivity alternatives

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Fri Mar 7 16:16:48 EST 2014

I have tried U-verse in two different houses and had absolutely horrible
results both times.  If you get through the first 30 days and it works
for you, it is probably a great service.  I was down 12 of the first 30
days.  I hadn't canceled my WOW either, so the switch back was easy.
You have to watch the installers though.  They like to cut any cable
that isn't the one that they just pulled.

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)

>>> Robert Grimm <robertgrimm at gmail.com> 3/1/2014 11:44 PM >>>
I got my U-verse installed on Friday. I'm taking it out on Monday.
Netflix looks terrible, Hulu is often bad, the higher latency is
noticeable in web browsing, and I don't think I've ever disliked a
networking device as much as this gateway. Fortunately, I haven't
cancelled my WOW yet.

Robert Grimm
Voice only: (614) 212-4625
http://www.datablitz.net
http://www.grimmphotography.com

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Jeff Stebelton