[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 19:53:38 EDT 2014

On 03/14/2014 05:05 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 04:58:57PM -0500, tom wrote:
>> How advanced does one need to be to Install and manually partition
>> Debian? Does one need to know how to write their own /etc/fstab? What
>> other skills does one need to have?
>>
> The Debian installer offers several guided and completely manual options
> for partitioning, including creating RAID volumes, LVM physical and
> logical volumes, and encrypted filesystems.  None of them require that
> the user do any manual editing or creation of /etc/fstab.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Roberto

Hmm. Linux Mint Debian does http://imagebin.org/299394

I have installed debian before, along time ago, and do not remember this
hoo haw. I liked Debian, but it was worthless on a laptop as it did not
run the wireless (at least w/o a lot of trouble) I do not like having to
use a USB wireless dongle as I am clumsy and imagined raking the dongle
off on something and in the process trashing the laptop

Anyway, I wanted to partition for a /tmp and /home. The default install
does not require anything special.

Tom

Tom