[colug-432] NFS / Fuse on OpenVZ VPS

Rob Stampfli rob944 at cboh.org
Sat Mar 29 23:35:38 EDT 2014

I'm running CentOS 6.5 on a spare OpenVZ virtual server and I've been
playing around with trying to make it offer up an NFS share, but to no
avail.  Can anyone tell me if this is even possible?  I'm presuming
that the kernel NFS module is not built into the kernel which is active.
(Can anyone tell me how to list the modules that a kernel has been built
with?)  I can't very well modprobe a module in this configuration.
(Right?)  So, is it safe to say that without moving to something like
a KVM server NFS is out of the question?

Same question, more or less, for Fuse:  How can I tell if the kernel
module is built into the running kernel, and without it, I can't run
anything that relies on Fuse, right?

Inquiring minds...

Rob