[colug-432] NFS / Fuse on OpenVZ VPS

Scott McCarty scott.mccarty at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 12:03:45 EDT 2014

Hope this helps....

----- Original Message -----

For NFS, just run, everything is done for you:

yum install nfs-utils
etc/init.d/nfs restart

Then, add entries to /etc/exports. Example:
/srv/data/rhev/data	0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(rw,fsid=100,no_root_squash)

> Same question, more or less, for Fuse:  How can I tell if the kernel
> module is built into the running kernel, and without it, I can't run
> anything that relies on Fuse, right?

Similar process, first install fuse client tools:

yum install fuse

Then, some of the drivers are available in the yum repo:

yum install glusterfs-fuse

Then mount. Example:

mount -t glusterfs gluster2:/distribute1 /mnt/distribute1