[colug-432] successfully installed Linux Mint.....

Dennis Reeder reeder1968 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:23:10 EST 2014

Ok successfully installed Linux Mint on the Lenovo Yoga Pro.  Easy as pie.
And even more importantly the machine actually boots into Mint.  Looks
good.  Runs nice blah blah blah.   Bluetooth works fine.  Wireless not so
much.  In fact it doesn't work at all.  I cannot toggle the wireless on.

Am guessing that maybe I need to hard wire the laptop via an ethernet
cable.  Connect and download a driver that I might be missing.  Yeah,
that's a great idea.  Wait.  WTF?  There is no ethernet port on the Lenovo
Yoga 2 Pro.

So definitely farther along than I was early this morning while sitting in
Stauphs.  Yes Windows is gone.  Mint is looking good...apart from the
wireless networking issue.  But then who needs to network.  The internet is
grossly over-rated.

Denny

Hmmm.  Do a complete reinstall?  Seems to me that maybe I had the option to
connect to a network during the install process.  So the device might
connect to my wireless network during a re-install?