[colug-432] successfully installed Linux Mint.....

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Thu Nov 13 17:43:58 EST 2014

Dennis Reeder wrote:
> Ok successfully installed Linux Mint on the Lenovo Yoga Pro.  Easy as pie.
> And even more importantly the machine actually boots into Mint.

Yay!

> Am guessing that maybe I need to hard wire the laptop via an ethernet
> cable.  Connect and download a driver that I might be missing.  Yeah,
> that's a great idea.  Wait.  WTF?  There is no ethernet port on the Lenovo
> Yoga 2 Pro.

You can use a USB ethernet adapter to get wired.

The wifi issue is a known problem, and solvable. (That link I included
earlier mentions it.)

Here's one Mint-specific post about it:
 http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=169049

To fix it temporarily:
 sudo rmmod ideapad_laptop

To fix it for future boots:
 echo 'blacklist ideapad_laptop' | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf