[colug-432] Details of Monthly Meeting

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Oct 1 13:04:53 EDT 2014

I get these from time to time through the mailman-owner alias.
I respond publicly, after removing personal details of the
inquirant:

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, (elided) wrote:

> I've asked this many, many times. Would You/ COULD you
> please, send me notice every month of when/where the monthly
> meeting of colug will take place. PLEASE, would you forward
> this info. How is one supposed to attend if they don't know
> when/where the meeting will take place?

answered later in this email

> So, if you would
> forward information of WHEN/WHERE THE OCTOBER MONTHLY
> MEETING OF COLUG will take place it would be appreciated.
> Let me state once again just so you understand: I WISH TO
> HAVE INFORMATION CONCERNING THE MONTHLY MEETING(S) OF COLUG
> FORWARDED TO ME WHEN SUCH INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE:

The mailing list has what the meeting presenters (and others)
send. The website is maintained to show the list details as
they appear.  I have added a cron process to send the contents
of the top page into the mailing list, monthly a week before
the later of the third Saturday or Wednesday [by tradition
COLUG meets the last Wed or Sat]]

These details usually do not 'gel' until late in the month.
There is no 'staff' doing this .. it is all volunteers.  There
is a reminder before that to the people with website
maintenance access, so we should get useful information with
any luck

If this causes you pain (the ALL CAPS YELLING), perhaps colug
is not for you

I'll post the script at my github archive in a bit and
supplement this email with the details

-- Russ herrold