[colug-432] Docker discussion

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Wed Oct 15 13:38:13 EDT 2014

Hey COLUG -

I'm less of a hands-on guy these days, but I do try to stay on top of the
industry.

So - Docker... I did a mail search to see how often it comes up in
discussion here, and the answer was - some, but not too much.

I'm wondering the group's take on the announcement today that M$ is going
to start supporting Docker on "that other" platform.

Will that spur more interest in Docker and other container-like deployment
methods?

Also, if you've tried Docker and not embraced it with a great big bear hug,
why not? Is it about how it fits into the existing development methods?
Is it challenging to get this adopted across infrastructure support teams?
Other challenges/reasons?