[colug-432] Insurers track driver behavior via smartphones

FiL Farris philipfarris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:58:08 EDT 2014

I am surprised to hear that the device that records all of this information
is actually located near the airbag.  I have never looked into the matter
but I would have thought that it would be located near the ECU/Main
"computer" for the vehicle.  I know that flashing of cars computers has
been something people have been doing for a long time to improve
performance, fuel usage, and much more so I wouldn't be surprised if before
too long someone comes out with a ROM that somehow locks down, encrypts, or
does away with the data that is being recorded at the vehicle owners
discretion.