[colug-432] SPARC hardware give/take

Bill Schwanitz bilsch at bilsch.org
Fri Apr 3 13:03:31 EDT 2015

Rick,

Depending on which of those machines I gave you there could be some
interesting stuff. The ultra1 I know worked but had a dead eeprom battery
so it'll boot after you type "go". the ultra 30 I think may have been dead
but I never gave it much time/troublshooting.

Both systems you can hook up a serial connection. Assuming you see gunk,
just send a ctrl+break to the terminal and you should see the ok prompt.

If you have the keyboard, l1+a will bring the box to the ok prompt. From
there, boot net ( rarp not dhcp/pxe ) or boot cdrom.

hope that helps.