[colug-432] Centos ISO Padding Curiosity

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Feb 18 17:01:07 EST 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> Some distros pad their ISO(-9660) images. In the past this might
> have been to help some lame burning programs or drives that

CentOS CD's have a verification check hash 'emplanted' which
the installer offers to check against the data bearing part of
the ISO (padding is noted and not data bearing; one assumes
although I have not looked, that this is play)

as I recall the file is:
	 implantisomd5
in the anaconda sources

a quick search with my buddy Google shows this [1] trailhead

-- Russ herrold

[1] http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/distro/redhat/rh06-CustomizeRedHat8Installation/ar01s08.html