[colug-432] a rather harsh look back at OLPC hardware (and other) choices

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Feb 24 11:17:43 EST 2015

http://www.metafilter.com/82630/One-Laptop-Per-Child-Vision-vs-Reality#26155
81

and then going back to the top a worthwhile read as well, if,
of course, one enjoys seeing rain-wrecks

pull quote in the thread:

If the project was half as good at its mission as Negroponte
was at self-promotion, then maybe we'd have a massive success
on our hands. Instead, this was always an ill-conceived
boondoggle that misallocated resources and attention away from
lesser-heralded ICT4D projects currently underway. Any gains
it has made need to be seen relative to the missed
opportunities that could have been accomplished had these
resources gone to others at MIT, or to the ongoing projects at
Cal, CMU, Stanford, and elsewhere.

-- Russ herrold