[colug-432] secure ldap connection to Active Directory

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Mon Jan 19 14:06:56 EST 2015

I'm trying to establish a secure ldap connection to AD using ldapsearch from an OpenSuSE box.  I'm having a hard time getting the certificate portion worked out.  I had someone walk me through the setup on the AD side and we could make a connection with ADSIedit, but not from the linux client.

I was successful in doing the whole process from beginning to end against eDirectory, but can't make AD work the same way.  Can anyone assist?  I'm willing to make this billable work if I can get the results that I need.

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)