[colug-432] July meeting, Ohio LinuxFest

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Thu Jul 2 09:53:13 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 09:13:47AM -0400, Scott Merrill wrote:

> Also, I’d like to solicit ideas from the group about professional training for Ohio LinuxFest Institute.  I have a few companies lined up to provide training, but I’ve run into scheduling conflicts with others.  Not available are GitHub, Puppet Labs, and Elastic.
>
> What topics would you like to see offered at Ohio LinuxFest Institute?

Once or twice in the past I have proposed a Debian/Ubuntu packaging
"boot camp" for OLFI, but I haven't managed to get it accepted.  Years
ago I gave a normal 45 minute talk on packaging basics, but in that
short time I was only able to cover a couple of the most basic things.

Just a couple of months ago I did a day-long Debian/Ubuntu packaging
training session for a client and I think that 6-8 hours is about the
right amount of time to introduce that topic and get into the meat of
it.

I'd still be interested in doing something like that for OLFI.  Let me
know if this something that might be of interest.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez