[colug-432] ec2 instance

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:31:11 EDT 2015

> On Jul 3, 2015, at 09:24, Aaron Howard <archanoid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When you created the instance did you generate a key pair? Did you download the private key? When you say into an ec2 instance you have to use the private key you set the instance up with. Check that.

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that.  I have the private key.  The ssh debug output suggests I'm not even getting to the stage where I would submit an authentication key.

$ ssh -vvvvv ec2-user at 52.4.7.x
OpenSSH_6.2p2, OSSLShim 0.9.8r 8 Dec 2011
debug1: Reading configuration data /Users/rhornsby/.ssh/config
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 20: Applying options for *
debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 102: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 52.4.7.x [52.4.7.x] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 52.4.7.x port 22: Operation timed out
ssh: connect to host 52.4.7.250 port 22: Operation timed out

Adding "-i /path/to/private_key" to the ssh command makes no difference at this point.