[colug-432] 64bit OS Not Seeing All RAM

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Tue Jun 9 15:31:03 EDT 2015

On 06/07/2015 02:34 PM, tom wrote:
> Installed LinuxMint 17 64bit ver2 on Dell Optiplex 210L.  64bit P4,
> Hyperthreading enabled = running in 64bit mode. New Crucial 4 GB RAM (2
> 2GB sticks), Onboard video - Video Memory Size Is set at 8 MB. I only
> have 3 GB RAM available. Setup sees 4 GB of RAM. Since I am running 64
> bit OS all of the RAM should be available. Is there something about the
> 64 bit P4 that is causing this problem.

This observation is to suggest a direction of research, rather than a solution.

I once had a Dell M65 precision laptop that couldn't support more than 3 GB
of RAM, even though there was 4 GB installed.  I vaguely remember that had
something to do with the integrated video on the motherboard, rather than
the CPU....

	-Bill
--
William Yang