[colug-432] Deeper Than Assembler

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Jun 29 15:05:48 EDT 2015

On 06/29/2015 02:54 PM, Rick Hornsby wrote:
> Just curious about why?  Are you doing embedded programming, or
> something that requires heavy optimization?

Job requirements: maintaining software that was originally written in
assembler.

> Assembler was definitely not my thing.
>  Probably because I suck at the maths.

How about C?
Some say C is just a glorified assembler, and I often agree. (Delightful
to have that much control and yet be free from re-expressing the logic
for each HW architecture.)

We all suck at math at one time or another, Rick. Don't sweat it. Also,
don't be vexed over hex.

-- R; <><