[colug-432] Script basic

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed May 13 14:29:30 EDT 2015

> I think, however, that applies to new documents only and that I'll have
> to run it through the tool. One think I don't undestand, though, is why
> the CR/LF wasn't removed when I used both VI/VIM and NANO to backspace
> the next line up and then back down.

I suspect that both vim and nano are using the line endings found when they opened the document.  There is a strong argument to be made for not mixing line endings within a document.  There’s no way that the text editor can know that you DON’T want Windows line endings, just because you’re editing a file on Linux.

Basically, the text editors are playing it safe for you.