[colug-432] DHCP (4) disappeared and a related question

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Wed May 20 16:32:48 EDT 2015

I was all proud and snobby that I flashed CeroWRT onto a new (to me) NG
WNDR 3800.
Well ... maybe not snobby, but was none-the-less very geeked about it.

The thing has worked well for several months, barring weirdness which I
attribute to my previously existing "stuff".
Then DHCP quit. Looks like DHCPv6 is still serving out leases.
Why?

This thing is all BusyBoxy as one would expect.
It's a MIPS based machine, and yeah *WRT is Linux, but memory is at a
premium.
So the DHCP server is 'odhcpd'. I see no errors and 'opkg' does not
report it being out of date. (But see below.)

Search engines have not turned up any info that might clue me in, so I
thought I should poll the group and ask: does this sound familiar?

A related question:
How do I reconfigure 'opkg' to point at a working OpenWRT trunk rather
than at the defunct CeroWRT base?

CeroWRT forked from OpenWRT so that Jim Gettys and Dave Taht and others
could fix buffer bloat. That work has been accepted into OpenWRT, so it
makes sense for a box like mine to (now) point at the main repository.
But how?

Thanks.

-- R; <><