[colug-432] Vagrant was: Reminder: meeting Wednesday

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Oct 19 18:38:40 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 04:35:40PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> I checked the Vagrant website for a reference to read through
> in advance of the meeting, and there is an outlink to the
> Amazon / O'Reilly book.  The review (first hit) qupted
> below caused me to hesitate
>
> Joe, is there a good 'getting started' / tutorial of current
> syntax, that you would recommend?

The Vagrant website has some decent introductory material:

https://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/getting-started/index.html

The user interface commands haven't changed much, and the Vagrantfile
config syntax should be adequately explained in the link above to get a
complete novice up and running with minimal fuss.

As with most things, Vagrant can do an awful lot and the more you try to
make it do the more you'll need to dig into the documentation.  If
you're just getting started, the link above should be adequate to
achieve success.

Cheers,
Scott