[colug-432] Vagrant was: Reminder: meeting Wednesday

Joseph Beard joseph at josephbeard.net
Tue Oct 20 08:11:27 EDT 2015

I’ll echo the sentiments of all: the book _is_ out of date from a details perspective, but still contains useful information about the Vagrant workflow. Hashicorp et al has done an excellent job with the documentation at https://vagrantup.com <https://vagrantup.com/> that you’ll be able to find most everything that you need there, all the way from basic usage to plugin development.

My one complaint about their online documentation is that it is for the current version of Vagrant only; there is no archive of documentation for prior releases. That said, Vagrant has been very forwards compatible for some time (starting mainly with the V2 Vagrantfile syntax which the review mentions) and I have never encountered a need to maintain use of an older version.

Joe
—
Joseph Beard
joseph at josephbeard.net