[colug-432] !! STALE !! Monthly meeting details for April 2016

Tom Hanlon tom at functionalmedia.com
Thu Apr 28 10:38:14 EDT 2016

I would do my best to attend a meeting if it was one of these topics..

-INLINE-

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Josh Preston <jpreston at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've got some stuff I could talk about, if anyone is interested...
>
> * Ansible for Beginners

Somewhat interested, well interested in Ansible, but might self learn
rather than attend.

> * Containers: Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift Origin -- OH MY!

I would like to know what control panels exist for Container deployment.
Rackspace Horizon ?? Does it now deploy containers?
Containers and Microservices.. what the heck does that mean. Getting
through the broad terms to the details.
Container kernel internals.. What is leveraged to recently make containers
possible. LXC, CGroups, and how do they compare to Solaris Zones.
Mesosphere? Does that deserve mention ?
Hadoop Cluster with YARN, Yarn uses CGroups and LXC (?) Can it also deploy
containers under Yarn management? How different/similar is a Yarn container
to a docker container?

> * oVirt: the Open Source Virtualization Platform

Do not know enough about this to know if I am interested.

> * Open Source Filesystems: Gluster and/or Ceph

More interested in Ceph than Gluster.

--
Tom