[colug-432] Recursive Fault

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:08:20 EDT 2016

How do I check CPU for recursive fault? I have Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 32bit
Running on ASUS A7N8X-X mobo, AMD Athlon processor, 2 GB Crucial PC 3200
DDR 400 RAM. The machine has boot problems, even when booting to live
disk. I get "recursive fault need to reboot" The RAM checks out after
running Memtest+ 5.01. Which test do I use to determine if the processor
is the problem? Could it be a chipset problem? Is there a test for chipsets?

Tom

PS Mint 17.3 Cinnamon runs quite well on that computer once I get it
booted. It runs well after hitting the reset button several times.