[colug-432] browser bloat

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Tue Feb 16 18:46:42 EST 2016

On 02/16/2016 06:32 PM, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Do you know if Chromium has the same bad habits that you identified with Chrome?

Never really differentiated until you asked, so ... thanks!

Wikipedia (the sum of all human knowledge) indicates that Chromium is
the open source project spun from Chrome. (And presumably now Chrome
then feeds Chromium? I mean that in a good way, like SUSE "feeding on"
OpenSUSE or RHEL on Fedora.)

The Wikipedia page says that Chromium does not have the RLZ tracking or
the auto-update.
So on that point, NO, Chromium does not have "all" of the bad habits
Chrome does.
Now that I know there is a difference, I will try Chromium.

My usual disclaimer about Google: I use them ... heavily. I do not trust
them. And lately, I trust them less and less.

-- R; <><