[colug-432] gmail spam handling Re: Why my list mail is often tossed or winds up in spam folders...

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:41:16 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Rick Hornsby <richardjhornsby at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I usually only know you replied to a thread because of some out-of-context
> reply to you from someone else on the list. :/

I figured it out this time because I was in the middle of composing a
response and gmail alerted me to a mid-composition new-message-in-thread
arrival from Rob.  But when I went to look for the new message in the
thread, it was missing.  After a bit more confusion, I checked the spam
folder and found the new message there.

So apparently the spam processing in gmail happens post-mid-composition
notification.  Today, anyways...

Jeff