[colug-432] XSane + OCR

Alon Ganon alon at ganon.me
Sat Jun 25 22:56:08 EDT 2016

I am trying to figure out how to get Xsane to work with OCR on my laptop
with Xubuntu 14.04 LTS and my Card Scan 800c + HP Officejet Pro 8610.
Both work to scan properly with images. But I am looking for an OCR
solution to more easily import business card contacts to my own CarDAV
server. Anyone know how I may be able to get Xsane to work with OCR
nicely? I was looking at Tesseract, but am open to options as long as
they work. Would prefer a GUI solution, but will accept CLI solutions if
it is easy, and can be somewhat scripted.

Best Regards,

Alon Ganon

Alon's Personal E-Mail
If Business related please E-Mail: alon at dtg3d.com <mailto:alon at dtg3d.com>
Blog: alonganon.info <https://alonganon.info>
Writer and Member of Being Libertarian <https://beinglibertarian.com>
Supporter of Free/Libre Software
Sent on Xubuntu GNU/Linux with Mozilla Thunderbird

NOTE: ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WILL BE SENT ENCRYPTED
Encryption Methods: GnuPG, VeraCrypt, or 7-Zip with AES256
Password for Encrypted files will be sent via alternate communication
(Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.) Unless email is sent encrypted with GnuPG