[colug-432] 2016-03-21 CRB Scribbles

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Wed Mar 23 13:45:18 EDT 2016

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, Jared Simons wrote:
> > I’m new to CLUG and I’m wondering how I get on the
> > distribution for the coming events?

Whenever COLUG does plan to meet, there will be a message here and at
http://colug.net/ .

The event that Jim was writing about was the Columbus Ruby Brigade's
monthly meeting. They have their own mailing list.
  http://www.columbusrb.com/

You might also be interested in the TechLife Columbus Meetup group,
which aggregates lots of local tech and entrepeneurship groups.
  http://www.meetup.com/techlifecolumbus/

R P Herrold wrote:
>  (advocacy, installation, seem to be solved largely issues)

Heh. After spending the past week or so getting Arch Linux up on a
brand-new Thinkpad X1 Yoga (UEFI, high-DPI, touchscreen, pen screen,
combo touchpad/trackpoint, convertible laptop/tablet) I'm beginning to
question that a bit. I'm also getting to learn a bit about systemd
(systemctl, journalctl, etc.) and pacman.