[colug-432] 2016-03-21 CRB Scribbles

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Wed Mar 23 16:23:16 EDT 2016

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, Rob Funk wrote:
> > (systemctl, journalctl, etc.) and pacman.
>
> systemd and friends I have under control -- but I had a chance
> to play Video Arcade PacMan the other day, and all that
> muscle memory as to the grid and the sequence to follow to
> play all day on a single quarter seem to have faded away

It's a little weird installing and updating packages by eating dots
while avoiding ghosts, and my own muscle memory is more attuned to
apt-get, but I'm getting used to it.

Actually the most annoying part of Arch's package system is the "AUR":
user-contributed packages approximately equivalent to Ubuntu's PPA
repositories, except not nearly as nicely integrated with the rest of
the system.