[colug-432] SixXS is dead

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Oct 24 15:40:17 EDT 2016

On 10/24/2016 01:44 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
>> A related question: does anyone know a service which provides static
>> > IPv6 addresses? (Tunneled works for me.   ...
> Hurricane
>
> https://www.tunnelbroker.net/account.php

[sigh]
Sometimes the most obvious solutions are staring right at you.
BT/DT with respect to HE and IPv6. Never liked that their config is
manual (which is a pain when your leased IPv4 addr changes often) so I
unconsciously shoved them down the stack. But *thank you*, Russ, for
bubbling them up.

HE works!
And turns out that the automatic routed /64 they give each tunnel works
just fine. (SixXS always offered the same thing, which I did not
immediately understand. Long story; years ago.)

So I may be camped on HE for a while for sake of the home LAN.
Copious thanks to the Professor.
I'll withhold comment about SixXS for the moment.   :-!
And if anyone happens to have a cached or logged address for "tic" ...

-- R; <><