[colug-432] disk recovery

Dan Kaiser dank2878 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:03:33 EDT 2016

I can't speak to local services, but I have been able to wrap a failing HDD in
paper towel and then ziplock bag and freeze it for a while.  Once cold I was
able to get it to spin up just long enough to recover my files.  I've only had
about 50% success rate with that trick, but might be worth a shot.
-Dan

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -
Aristotle

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 2:45 PM, Rick Troth rmt at casita.net