[colug-432] disk recovery

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Wed Sep 21 14:45:23 EDT 2016

Hot on the heals of the "Flawless Drive" thread, my wife's laptop was
clicking this morning <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_of_death>.
[sigh]

I do make backups.
But now I see the error of my ways.
Won't bore y'all with the how and why, but my backup strategy has fallen
into "infrequent" and "manual".
So here's another case where the community is warned: backup early,
backup often.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for disk/data recovery advice.
I found Disk Doctors near the Ohio State campus. Likely will pony-up the
bounty they'll demand, but Marilyn and I are both doing "research" for
the best options. Y'all got any ideas? services you like? services you
don't?

Thanks.

-- R; <><