[colug-432] Can't find Audio Card

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 11:32:20 EDT 2017

On 04/07/2017 11:46 AM, FiL Farris wrote:
> The e1705 (with sigmatel 9200) had troubles with the sound working
> after upgrading to Windows 7 as well.  I remember trying every
> available sigmatel driver / codec available without great results.  It
> didn't work out of the box with Ubuntu either but I know I did get it
> working.  My notes just don't show how and memory is not that good.
>
> I think Sigmatel was brought in to Intel and the drivers were never
> properly upgraded after.  Is it possible you only
> have the one card?
There is only one card. It is Sigmatel. I found it on the mobo. It is
very small. Sigmatel was bought out by IDT. In windows software and
drivers for the Sigmatel chip have to be installed in a particular order
or it won't work correctly. If things are not done in the correct order
the only solution is to reinstall and then install the software and
drivers for Sigmatel in the correct order. I suspect same is true under
Linux.